12/25/2008

According to the report” The Gift of Christmas Breakfast”, it described interesting Christmas breakfast that westerners would do. Every person had it own family tradition but Christmas breakfast was definitely the important breakfast meal in the whole year.

Christmas was very important in western countries but by the merchant skills Christmas become commercial day to get big benefits in eastern places. Actually, easterners felt hard to understand the true meaning of Christmas day. We only thought it was another celebrated day and can exchange our cards and gifts to our friends.

I remembered when I was little, I also fascinated by the story of Santa Claus. In my family, we didn’t use to celebrate on that day. Also, we won’t use stockings like eastern children to wait for present. But when I mentioned the Santa Claus story, I really received the gifts next morning. At this time to call back my memory, the gift must put by my parent.

Maybe Christmas to easterner just like Chinese New Year to Orientals. The two celebrated day had different meaning on each other. Because the difference, the world become more interesting. Also, we need to learn and respect the culture we are not familiar with.(202words)

沒有留言: